The Cancer Letter Archives
The Cancer Letter was founded in 1973, two years after Congress passed the National Cancer Act of 1971. These archives represent the first 40 years of The Cancer Letter, which is published weekly.
July 23, 2010
- By Defending Potti, Duke Officials Become Target Of Charges Of Institutional Failure
- Duke Officials Decline To Provide Details Of Probe
- Biostatisticians Write To Varmus Asking NCI To Investigate
- The Lancet Oncology Issues “Expression Of Concern” Over Paper
- Duke Insiders Allege Intimidation By Administration
- Also in this issue: ODAC Votes To Strip Breast Cancer Indication From Avastin
July 30, 2010
- Varmus, Duke Ask IOM To Investigate Potti’s Scientific Work, Clinical Trials
- Michigan Scientist David Beer Sought Retraction Of Potti’s NEJM Paper Over Misuse Of His Data
- Potti Claimed Rhodes Credential in Bio Submitted for DOD Funding
- Duke Vice Dean Cuffe Promises Complete, Independent Probe Of Work By Potti, Nevins.
July 30, 2010
- Vitamin D Not Associated With Risk For Less Common Cancers, Study Finds
- ASCO Recommends Aromatase Inhibitors As Adjuvant For Some Breast Cancer
- Half Of Women Complete Full Hormone Therapy Regimen
- Surveillance Colonoscopy Cost-Effective For High-Risk
- Surveillance Treatment Option For Low-Risk Prostate Cancer
- Toxicity, Non-Cancer Deaths Increase With Combo Therapy
- Time Spent Sitting Associated With Total Mortality, Study Finds
- Cancer Mortality Rate Down 1.3 Percent, ACS Report Finds
- NCI-Approved Clinical Trials
August 06, 2010
August 27, 2010
- Alcohol Consumption Increases Risk Of Lobular And HR+ Breast Cancer
- Olaparib, A PARP Inhibitor, Can Reduce Tumor Size In Advanced Ovarian Cancer
- Brothers Of Prostate Cancer Patients At Risk Of Diagnosis
- Estrogen Alone Didn’t Increase Lung Cancer Mortality In WHI
- Tumors Harder To Detect In Women In Their Forties
- Two Avastin Trials Show OS Benefit In Advanced Disease
- Risk-Benefit Analysis Advised Prior To Hormone Therapy
- Elderly Patients Fail To Receive New Cancer Therapy For CML
- Rising Obesity May Result In Higher Cancer Incidence
- Study Finds Relationship Between Meat Intake, Cancer
- Radiation To Stem Cell Niche Improved PFS In Glioblastoma
- NCI Cooperative Group Clinical Trials Approved
September 03, 2010
- Avastin May Trigger Two FDA Decisions: One On Approval, Another On Withdrawal
- Craig Thompson Of Abramson Center Named President, CEO, Of Memorial Sloan-Kettering
- FDA Rejects Genentech Bid For Accelerated Approval For T-DM1. NCI Breaks Ground For Satellite Campus At Shady Grove
- Committee To Set Research Agenda On Breast Cancer. Justice Department Appeals Injunction On Stem Cell Research
September 10, 2010
- NCI Director Harold Varmus Plans New Center For Cancer Genomics To Lead The Cancer Genome Atlas Program.
- Appeals Court Lifts Injunction On Federal Funding for Stem Cell Research.
- Samuel Broder Plans To Leave Celera.
- Simmons Cancer Center at UT Southwestern Wins NCI Comprehensive Designation and $7.5 Million.