The Cancer Letter Archives
The Cancer Letter was founded in 1973, two years after Congress passed the National Cancer Act of 1971. These archives represent the first 40 years of The Cancer Letter, which is published weekly.
February 23, 2007
- Avastin Improves PFS For Metastatic Colorectal Cancer In Phase III Study
- Erbitux Plus Radiation, Chemo, Appears To Provide CRs In A Small Phase II Study
- Liver Transplant Associated With 67% 5-Year Survival
- Therapeutic Vaccine May Fight Pancreatic Cancer
- S-1 After Surgery Improves Survival, Japanese Trial Finds
- Advanced Screening Provides More Accurate Diagnosis
- Arsenic Compound Improves Survival Of Adults With APL
- Cancer Death Rates Improving, But Still Higher, In Blacks
- NCI-Approved Clinical Trials
- SWOG Closes Prostate Cancer Trial With Mitoxantrone
March 09, 2007
March 16, 2007
- FDA Urges Lower Target for ESA Use; Market Could Drop By More Than Half.
- CMS Launches National Coverage Analysis, Citing FDA’s Black Box Warning on ESAs.
- FDA Purges Quality of Life Claims from Oncology Label for ESAs.
- Amgen Says It Can Demonstrate Safety of Existing Hg Target.
- If You Were On ODAC: Experts Suggest Questions For May 10 Advisory Meeting.
March 23, 2007
- House Committee Investigates ESA Safety, Urges Amgen, J&J, To Stop Promotions.
- NIH Director Calls For Lifting Federal Ban on Embryonic Stem Cell Research.
- FDA Tightens Conflict of Interest Rules For Advisors.
- Fox Chase Cancer Center Board Selects Michael Seiden of Dana-Farber/Harvard As New President.
- ASCO Study Predicts Shortage of Oncologists.
March 30, 2007
- MRI Detects Cancer In The Opposite Breast Of Newly Diagnosed Women, Study Finds
- Satraplatin With Prednisone Reduces Risk Of Disease Progression By 33% In Study
- ACS Recommends MRI For Some Women At High Risk
- Tamoxifen Offers Long-Term Benefits For Prevention
- Obesity At Prostate-Cancer Diagnosis Increases Risk
- Older Patients Can Do Well With Stem Cell Transplants
- FDA Approves Lapatinib For Advanced Breast Cancer
- NCI-Approved Trials Listed
April 06, 2007
- House Committee Investigates FDA Commissioner; False and Misleading Testimony Alleged.
- HHS Inspector General Probes Potential Financial Conflicts By NIH Grantees.
- Cancer Biomarker Research “Piecemeal and Unorganized,” IOM Report Finds.
- Physicians Group Makes No “Simple Recommendation” on Mammograms for Women Aged 40-49.