The Cancer Letter Archives
The Cancer Letter was founded in 1973, two years after Congress passed the National Cancer Act of 1971. These archives represent the first 40 years of The Cancer Letter, which is published weekly.
April 20, 2007
- NSABP Objects to “Closed Process” For Review Of P-4 Breast Cancer Chemoprevention Trial.
- NCI Barred PI Wolmark And Its Own Prevention Staff From Ad Hod Meeting.
- NCI Director To Decide Fate Of P-4 After NCAB Meeting In June.
- Paul Goss, Patricia Ganz Discuss Breast Cancer Prevention Trials.
- Aranesp Study Finds No Difference In Survival Or Progression In Small-Cell Lung Cancer.
April 27, 2007
- Cetuximab Plus Irinotecan Increases PFS In Metastatic Colorectal Cancer, EPIC Finds
- Socio-Economic Factors, Access To Care, Associated With More Aggressive Cancers
- Darbepoetin Didn’t Decrease Blood Transfusions, Lowered Overall Survival, Study Finds
- GSK HPV Vaccine Offers Protection From 4 HPV Types
- Aspirin Use Associated With Lower Cancer Indicence, Death
- Early ADT Doesn’t Offer Survival Advantage—ASCO
- Gleevec Decreases Recurrence Of Gastrointestinal Tumor
- NCI-Approved Cancer Center, Cooperative Group Trials
May 18, 2007
- After ODAC: Questions On ESA Claims, Advertising, Reimbursement Gain Urgency.
- Amgen Claimed QOL Benefit Despite FDA Label Change.
- “Miracle-Gro for Cancer?” ODAC Members Vent At Amgen And J&J Over Claims, Advertising.
- FDA Begins To Examine Its Role In Allowing Misleading Consumer Advertising.
- CMS Proposal To Limit ESA Use Is Too Much, Too Fast, Critics Say.