The Cancer Letter Archives
The Cancer Letter was founded in 1973, two years after Congress passed the National Cancer Act of 1971. These archives represent the first 40 years of The Cancer Letter, which is published weekly.
May 25, 2007
- ASCO Updates Clinical Recommendations On Use Of Bisphosphonates In Myeloma
- Blood Test Could Predict Relapse, Survival For Children, Young Adults With Leukemia
- Low Dose Therapy Improves Survival Of Multiple Myeloma, ECOG Finds; Update At ASCO
- Phase II Study Finds Dasatinib May Overcome ALL Resistance
- Sarcoma Survivors At Risk Of Blood Clots, Study Finds
- Risk of Lymphoma Increases with Hepatitis C Virus Infection
- Long-Term Results Find Cisplatin Improves Survival
- Study Links Ovarian Cancer To Hormone Replacement
- Smokers Who Quit Live Longer Than Those Who Spit-Study
- FDA Approves New Drug for Advanced Kidney Cancer
- FDA Approves New Indication For Anticoagulant Frangmin
- NCI-Approved Group, Center Clinical Trials Listed
June 01, 2007
- ESAs Increase Risk of Death by 11 Percent, Blood Clots by 59 Percent, Meta-Analysis Finds; Study To Be Updated At ASCO.
- NCI Cooperative Groups Recognized By ASCO For 50+ Years Of Clinical Trials.
- ASCO Honors Community Practices For Trial Participation.
- Stronger Measures Needed To Reduce U.S. Smoking, IOM Says.
June 22, 2007
June 29, 2007
- Senate Committee Passes Bill To Speed FDA Approval Of Follow-On Biologics.
- Senate Subcommittee Approves 3.5 Percent Increase for NIH.
- Cancer Groups Urge Support For Comprehensive Cancer Care Legislation.
- NCI Increases R01 Grant Payline From 12th to 15th Percentile.
- GAO Recommends Tighter Policies on NIH Recusals.
June 29, 2007
- Oral Therapy Sorafenib Improves Survival Of Advanced Liver Cancer In Study
- Fewer, Larger RT Doses Cut Recurrence Of Early Breast Cancer, UK Study Finds
- Radiation Doesn’t Add Benefit For Early Endometrial Cancer
- New Approaches To Therapy For Difficult Cancers Presented
- NCI Cooperative Group, Cancer Center Trials Listed